Friday, May 27, 2011

The Surprising Science of Motivation!


OK you grand folks, and welcome to Friday. This was a short work week here in Canada, and we were still able to address some of the major issues that affect us all. And my sincere thanks to those of you who took the time to consider the subjects and respond so eloquently.

Now, let me be clear, I actually like you folks. I work to ease the issues and problems you have attracted to yourself with dignity, grace, and a modicum of patience.

Every now and then I just have to tell you clearly that what you`re doing simply will not work. My grandfather nailed this one down for me many years ago when he said, "Peter, success is easy. Just take everything you are currently doing that does not work, and STOP doing it". TaDa - Success!

Now dear folks, the one thing that we all likely have in common is that we are responsible for "motivating" other people in our individual enterprises. Each of you either owns your own company, is a senior executive, is a human resource manager, or are a supervisor of staff in some way. Yes?

So, to finish up this week, as we usually do with a video, I have reprised one that clearly gets the point across. The lessons that Daniel Pink shares with you may indeed disturb your weekend. If he does, my job is done.

I'm in a "mix it up" frame of mind right now and I will indeed look forward to your responses.

Let's watch: The Surprising Science of Motivation



Have a great weekend all.

See you on Monday.

~peter~



Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: