Thursday, September 1, 2011

How are you choosing?

As asked by Jacob Roig

Live at least 5 minutes of every day as if it were your last. ~ Jacob Roig

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

Never let anyone or anything stand in your way of what you really want! Brilliant words, but the meaning and lesson behind it made the difference to me in changing my life.

How many times have we settled for the first No? How many times has someone said you cannot and you accepted that answer? How many times have you not done what you wanted or gotten what you wanted because of money? If you are like me, many, many times.

I am inspired by the magic and the ability of setting an intention, finding an obstacle for it helps me realize I have a choice, to let this obstacle stand in my way or to move around the obstacle and get what I want.

For me "I cannot afford it right now" was my big one, other times it was someone who was between me and what I wanted, or lastly it was maybe "I can't do it" or "I am not worthy". In every case I wanted something and did not realize how easily I could be convinced I could not attain or have it. I was usually the one saying I could not have it.

I would tell you this today: to get what you want, to go where you want to go in your life, you must be willing to overcome yourself and the inner voice that says No, But, What if.

What I mean by that is that you never let a No be your stop. If you want something and you say inside you want it but outside you say the time is not right or I cannot afford it right now. It is not about the money! It is about you saying you do not have it and believing that it is the preventer of all you want.

Yes, you will need to pay for it but how do you know you cannot have it or do it? Have you asked the supplier of the product, service or thing if there is a way to work something out? Have you stated out loud what you wanted?

You see, sometimes by stating out loud that I want this, I want this to happen the way to get it presents itself... More often than not, it happens, you get what you want.

We choose everything. We choose to move forward, we choose to settle, we choose to grow, we choose to stay comfortable, we choose to risk or we choose to say this is the best it will be for me.

I choose to acknowledge the bad but choose what's good about it. I choose to see the lessons I am supposed to learn, not to see I made a mistake. I choose to see the beauty in everyone. I choose to live 5 minutes or more of every day as if it were my last. I choose to be aware of my choices. How are you choosing? How do you choose your day, your week, and your life?

Jacob is a successful entrepreneur, the owner of 5 businesses, a prolific writer of poetry, and a certified Mars Venus Business Success Coach.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: