Friday, April 2, 2010

Lentil as Anything!

The principles of The Wealthy Attitude show up being practiced in the most unusual ways. We celebrate the countless people who step way off the normal paths to set examples that undoubtedly inspire all who connect with them.

At Lentil As Anything, there are no prices on the menu. Believing that trust immediately creates a culture of generosity, this non-profit restaurant allows customers to decide the worth of the food and the experience. It has been operating for 10 years, with up to 400 staff in its peak, and still feeds about 1,500 people a day (including a school)!

Founder Shanaka Fernando says, "I'm not a millionaire. I don't even have any assets. Um, my bank account is 0. But I've got millions of dollars worth of goodwill in the community, and that's enough to sustain me."

Join us as we celebrate Shanaka.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: