Monday, January 26, 2009

The Right Mindset for Success in Business

A note from peter@thewealthyattitude.com for Monday January 26 2009

Hello there everyone and welcome to another shiny new week.

My thanks to all of you who shared your thoughts after you "read" the text of President Obama's inaugural address.

Good news all, our friend and major contributor Jan Janzen is developing a very timely series that we're aiming to get to you starting next week. I'll let you know more as this week progresses.

We start this week off with another of our favorite contributors, and for those of us who own our own businesses, you're going to like what Thea has to share.

The Right Mindset for Success in Business
by Thea Westra

The first step is belief and trust in yourself, and know yourself as someone who provides value to others by way of the services or products you provide. The best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others. That is the only way you will be 100% committed to what you are creating - 95% commitment or less can become very difficult over time, however 100% commitment puts you in "the zone". With 100% commitment you will continue your work, no matter what may block the path.

Clarity, being clear, is essential. Have a crystal clear mental image of what you want to create and feel a genuine passion for that. Simplification of, and a singular focus on, my goals is my personal theme for 2007. If you're not thrilled by what you're doing, you need to create a bigger goal that encompasses your personal legacy.

Something that I discovered long ago, with other projects, is that you don't have to get it right; you just have to get it going. You honestly will find what you need, along the journey.

Whenever I see some of my earlier monthly newsletters, I cringe a little. However, I needed to go through the process to get to where I am with the production of my e-zine materials today. In future, I'm certain that they might have me cringing too. If not, then I'm not growing. That is the upside of experimentation - I grow as a person within the process. This in turn gives me experience that I can share with others which adds another valuable commodity to my business services.

I have also have come to know that lasting business success is not overnight, and of course it is possible, though it is not the usual. It is important for me to maintain consistency with my actions, to focus on a few powerful marketing strategies and stick closely to those. This has taken me a while and I am getting much better at staying focused with the stronger marketing strategies that I know to be effective and high leverage.

This brings me again to the necessity of being clear about my intended end result. For every action, be clear about why you're taking that action and how that activity will move you toward fulfilling the desired end result. You may not always succeed and even if you don't, you'll still be certain of where you want to go so that you can continue to adjust and fit your actions toward achieving that end goal.

The right mindset for business success is a mindset of ‘business success'. Know what a successful business is, for you. Know that you have a business and not a hobby, treat all your relationships with that in mind. Have a set of standards by which you abide, in the context of business activities. Respond to all communications as though your business is already at the level of success that you envisage for its future. Begin the way that you mean to finish.

Personally create your weeks, months and days. Know what you will accomplish at the end of each, set targets and determine the actions you must take to accomplish those targets.
Continually work on yourself and stay close to people who have similar aspirations to yours. Hang out with positive and empowered people. Listen to many audios and read many books related to personal growth. As you grow and evolve, so will your business and vice versa.

© Thea Westra is the senior thought leader, at her Forward Steps site. She resides in Perth, Australia with her ultra-supportive partner Greg. Thea publishes a monthly ezine (among many other publications and products) at http://www.forwardsteps.com.au Enjoy her life success blogs at http://www.timeformylife.com/blogs.htm and get personally connected here, http://www.ask-thea-about.com

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: