He may be green and funny looking, but Yoda was wise beyond his 900 years…
Yoda was a fictional character from the Star Wars movies. He first appears in The Empire Strikes Back as a Jedi Master, and trains Luke Skywalker in the ways of the Jedi.
Yoda possessed a great knowledge in how to use ‘the Force’. He was capable of great acts of telekinesis, clairvoyance and could tap into his intuition at will…
…and he loved to share his wisdom. Here are 10 of his best quotes -
1) “Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.”
2) “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
3) “Always in motion is the future.”
4) “Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is.”
5) [Luke:] I can’t believe it. [Yoda:] That is why you fail.
6) “Do or do not… there is no try.”
7) “a Jedi’s strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan’s apprentice.”
8) “Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great.”
9) “A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away… to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless.”
10) “When 900 years you reach, look as good, you will not.”
Every once in a while, we’re watching a movie and a character says something profound that sticks in our mind…
What is your favorite inspirational quote from a movie?Please leave a comment below with the quote and the movie.