Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Stroke of Insight

A note from peter@thewealthyattitude.com for Friday11th April 2008

Say hello to the typical week's end.

It has been an outstanding week here. Tone of feedback from subscribers about every subject we ever cover. Thank you all for your notes, and I congratulate each and every one of you that is taking this magnificent thing called your life, and owning every part of it.

We end the week with another incredible video presentation. I wanted to send it along the minute I saw it myself, but restrained until I could deliver it to you for the weekend.

It's a touch longer than we normally send you at 20 minutes, and I wrestled with sending it for all of about 6 seconds. I believe that once you have seen this piece, you'll be very glad you spent the time giving yourself this gift. Share this one around.

Neuroanatomist Jill Bolte Taylor had an opportunity few brain scientists would wish for: One morning, she realized she was having a massive stroke. As it happened -- as she felt her brain functions slip away one by one, speech, movement, understanding -- she studied and remembered every moment. This is a powerful story about how our brains define us and connect us to the world and to one another. (Ray, this one is for you my dear friend).

Enjoy Jill's Presentation Here!

Have an awesome weekend and I'll see you on Monday.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Bridgie said...

Thank you Peter for sharing that! I loved the video by Jill Bolte Taylor on TED

Also, did you see Dr Taylor's interviews with Oprah on Soul Series - wonderful!

Best of all is her book MY STROKE OF INSIGHT - I've read it twice already. Second time better than the first

Dr. Taylor is a great inspiration. The lessons in the book are life-changing...very simple yet very powerful.

Here's the link to the book http://www.amazon.com/My-Stroke-Insight-Scientists-Personal/dp/0670020745/ref=pd_ts_b_12?ie=UTF8&s=books

and here's the link to Oprah's interviews
http://www2.oprah.com/spiritself/oss/guest/oss_guest_jboltetaylor.jhtml

Bridgie